The discussion will reveal more about what is driving the industry right now, regional differences - singling out the weakest and strongest markets, and what consumers are looking to get out of their beauty and personal care regimes.
The interview will be a segment of the Global Business program, scheduled for 7 – 8pm EST, which will be devoted to the global cosmetics and personal care industry on the back of analysis concerning the recently published financial results for the world’s biggest cosmetics company, L’Oréal.
During the segment I will be answering questions focusing on these key topics:
- Outlook for the industry. Where’s the demand growing? In which regions is it slowing?
- How are environmental concerns affecting sales? What’s the industry doing about it?
- Sustainable products – packaging, water scarcity and microbeads
- DIY beauty formulations
- What’s happening in the organic category
- The role of tech and how beauty wearables are evolving
- What else will beauty enthusiasts be spending their money on this year?
- Neurocosmetics – combining well-being and sensorial
- How biotech is winning customers over
- Beauty on a micro scale - No more one size fits all
CCTV focuses on providing business news concerning the two largest economies in the world – The US and China, and includes a global network of reporters and producers, with news broadcast 24/7 on both English-language and Chinese-language channels.
You can access the CCTV-AMERICA website here to find out further details of the broadcast schedule and how to access the Global Business program.